100% of our adoption fees go to the care and well-being of our dogs. No officer, director or volunteer of our organization is ever compensated.
Few shelters provide the level of veterinary care for their animals as we do at PRH.
Before dogs are released for adoption, they are:
- healthy (if injured or sick, we nurse them back to health)
- spayed or neutered
- heartworm tested and treated if positive
- parasite negative
- current on all vaccinations
Based upon the cost of obtaining similar services from a commercial veterinarian, our adoption fees are nominal ~ and most often do NOT cover the cost of the dog's rehabilitation.
Adoption fees vary at Poodle Rescue of Houston. Normally, our miniatures cost $360.
- Puppies and other highly desirable young dogs, (Toy Poodles and Standard Poodles) can cost as much as $610
- Senior and special needs dogs could be less.
PRH accepts: cash, Visa or Mastercard.