100% of our adoption fees go to the care and well-being of our dogs. No officer, director or volunteer of our organization is ever compensated in any way.
Few rescues or public shelters provide the level of veterinary care for their animals that we do at PRH.
Before dogs are released for adoption, they are:
- healthy (if injured or sick, they receive veterinary treatment until healthy)
- spayed or neutered
- heartworm tested and treated if positive
- parasite negative, both internal and external
- current on all vaccinations and preventative medicines
- bathed and groomed
Based upon the cost of obtaining similar services from a commercial veterinarian, our adoption fees are nominal ~ and most often do NOT cover the cost of the dog's rehabilitation.
- Adoption fees vary at Poodle Rescue of Houston. Normally, miniatures are $360.
- Puppies and other highly desirable dogs such as Toy Poodles and Standard Poodles are higher and can be as much as $610
- Fees for senior and special needs dogs can be less and are sometimes waived altogether
PRH accepts: cash, Visa or Mastercard.