Unfortunately, the demand for Poodles and Poodle mixes exceeds the supply. Please comply strictly with the following adoption process. Once we have evaluated yoiur information, we will contact you (by phone) if we feel the dog you're interested in, or a similar dog, is a good match for yoiur household. Please be patient.
The following are the steps you must take to adopt a dog from us:
- Ensure you meet our Prerequisites.
* What is your name?
* Which dog are you interested in adopting?
* Is this dog for you, a friend or a family member?
* Please tell us about your current or most recent dog.
* Tell us about the ages and the activity level of each member of your household.
* How many hours a day are you gone for work?
* Tell us your City & State.
* WHAT IS YOUR PHONE NUMBER?
* When is the best time to call you?
Poodle Rescue will contact you if we feel this dog, or a similar dog in our program, is a good match for you. If you do not hear from us please re-submit your email for each additional dog you may be interested in adopting. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries about our available dogs. Please be sure you have a current phone number listed on you email and the best time we can reach you.
All our dogs are examined by a licensed Veterinarian. They are spayed/neutered, current on shots, parasite / heart worm disease tested (and treated if positive). Teeth cleaning and dental treatment are provided as needed. All dogs are microchipped, groomed and use a dog door at our facility.
Adoption Fees vary (please see our website under "Steps 2 Adoprtion/Our Fees")
3. All visitations are by appointment only. Once again, Poodle Rescue will contact you if we have a dog that we feel is a good match for your household. If you do not hear from us, please resubmit your questionnaire at least quarterly, as they are NOT recurring.
Our two guiding principles are quite simple: to find the right dog for you and to ensure that you are right for the dog. We must achieve both principles for an adoption to be approved. Your adoption counselor will assist you in thes determination.
If we call you with a compatible match, we will
- schedule an appointment at a mutually convenient time for you and your family to meet and visit our adoption center and Poodle Park
- watch the interactions with the family
- exchange questions and answers.
If we both feel confident about the decision to adopt, we will move forward with an application.
At that time you will
- receive your medical records,
- pay the agreed upon adoption fee, and
- take your dog home.
We accept cash, Visa, Master Card, and Discover.